The Butchering of Quinn Fabray, a brief overview
- Honor roll student
- Self-loathing to the point of begging for plastic surgery from her parents and getting it (A+ parenting there guys)
- Possibly emotionally abused by her father? (Sidebar: if they had made Choke include Quinn + dealing with her family it would have made so much sense why she and Puck bonded but I know I know, that would be asking for too much logic)
- Transfers schools
- Working her ass off to catch up on gymnastics + dance + cheerleading skills
- Eating disorder
- Living in fear someone will find her “secret past”
- Still wildly unhappy
- Somehow still on the honor roll
- Abandoned by her boyfriend (granted, she did cheat on him but rejection still sucks)
- Kicked off the Cheerios
- Living in an acquaintance’s spare bedroom
- Gave her baby to the mother of Rachel Berry (the girl she bullied for the last year)
- Parents divorced
- Moves back in with her alcoholic mother
- Refuses to deal with her PPD because no one in the Fabray family talks about their problems
- Quits Cheerios for glee club again
- Cheats on her boyfriend again
- Gets mono
- Has a (psychological) break down in New York
- Continues to suffer from severe self-loathing but she has a haircut so it’s okay!!
- Still on the honor roll!
- TRIES TO STEAL A BABY
- Tries to get pregnant in high school again
- Switches social circles, dies her hair pink, gets a tattoo of Ryan Seacrest on her back, pierces a ton of shit and picks up smoking
- Finally gets her shit together enough to apply to Yale and get in
- Starts coming to grips with who she is without hating herself
- Gets t-boned by a truck
- Paralyzed from the waist down
I mean… do the writers even have everything written down? Have they kept track of the shitshow they’ve forced upon this one character alone? Do they have ANY idea where they are taking her? Is it asking too much to just have a coherent character arc? I wasn’t thrilled with the Lucy Caboosey backstory (because the way they did it felt like such a cop out/glossing over it) but at least they were still trying. Now it’s just reached the point of absurdity.
Where the fuck are her parents? She had a breakdown when Finn pushed her into confessing her pregnancy and that was only temporary. Those medical bills would have cost a shit ton of money. Did her dad even see her in the hospital? What about her sister we’ve only heard mentioned twice? JUDY FABRAY, WHERE YOU AT? Is there anyone aside from Teen Jesus (who we’ve only known since Valentine’s Day) looking out for this girl?
Glee, I don’t know what the fuck you’re doing, but it’s bad. It’s very, very bad.